If your website doesn’t have an SSL certificate, it will display a ‘Not Secure’ in the URL bar.
What is a SSL Certificate? How does it works?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private. If you don’t have the SSL certificate, a secure connection cannot be established.
SSL Certificates contain the following information:
- Name of the holder
- Serial number and expiration date
- Copy of the certificate holder’s public key
- Digital Signature of the certificate-issuing authority
Why are SSL Certificates Important?
Here are some of the reasons to have SSL Certificates:
1. Encrypts Sensitive Information
Without a https connection, any information you send will not be automatically encrypted. As a result, a person can intercept sensitive information before it reaches its recipient. This information may include credit card information, usernames, and passwords. With a secure connection, the information becomes difficult to decipher for everyone except the intended recipient.
2. Protects You From Cyber-Criminals
Without encryption, prying eyes can intercept and read sensitive information. In certain cases, this may result in identity theft, hacked emails, hacked accounts, or personal information being leaked.
3. Builds Trust
With SSL certificates, your customers will see visuals, like lock icon and green address bar, that indicate a encrypted connection. In other words, this provides the visitor reassurance that any information they send or receive will be safe.
You can use web based e-mail, such as www.mywebsite.com/webmail or mywebsite.com/email or email.mywebsite.com. This depends on what type of hosting server your website is using.
We will typically give you instructions on accessing your company emails after we launches your website.
Your web site hosting email accounts comes free along with you hosting package as long as the size is under the hosting package’s limit.
With a user name and password, you will be available to send and receive email and create address books.
Adding POP3 and IMAP Accounts
Here’s how you can add a POP3 or IMAP account to Outlook:
- For Outlook 2007:
- Go to the Tools Menu and click on Account Settings
- Click on Email Accounts
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and hit Next
- For Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016:
- Go to File (Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016) and click Account Settings > Account Settings
- Navigate to the E-Mail tab
- Click New
- Fill out the following fields:
- Your Name, type the name that you would like for others to view you as.
- Email Address, you will need to type in the full email address you wish to connect, i.e. [email protected]
- Password and Retype Password, type in the correct password that corresponds with the email address you typed in previously.
- Click Next
- Once you have confirmed the settings you input are correct, click Finish.
This should automatically set up advanced settings. In the case this doesn’t solve your issue, here are some steps you can follow to set up a Gmail account in your Outlook profile, and how to stop Gmail from blocking Outlook.
- In the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, then click Next.
- Select your ISP account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, check the “Leave a copy of messages on the server” check box.
- Select one of the following options:
- Remove from server after x days. E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but remain on the e-mail server for the number of days that you specify. This is the most common setting for people who want to read their messages at work but also download them for permanent storage on their home computer. We recommend that you choose the smallest number of days that suits your needs. The longer you leave messages on your e-mail server, the greater the risk of exceeding your mailbox size quota. This has become less of an issue recently with larger available hosting packages.
- Remove from server when deleted from ‘Deleted Items’. E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but also remain on the e-mail server indefinitely until you delete the e-mail message in Outlook and empty the Deleted Items folder. Just deleting the message doesn’t remove the message from the e-mail server. If you do not select either check box, messages are left on the server indefinitely. You will eventually exceed your mailbox quota. This has become less of an issue recently with larger available hosting packages.
- Click OK, and then click Finish.
- Open a browser
- Enter youremail.yourdomain.com.
For example, if your email/website domain is coolexample.com, use email.coolexample.com to log in.
- Enter your Email address and Password.
- Click Sign In.
- After login, click Outlook tile to access your emails.
Note: There are many different versions of Android phones. As a result, we only document the base version released by Google. Your device might have a slightly different, although very similar, set of fields.
- Click Settings > Accounts > Add Account.
- Click Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or Corporate.
- Enter your Email address and Password in their respective fields.
- If you see a Domain\Username field, enter your full email address.
Note: If Domain and Username are separate fields, enter your full email address in Username, and leave Domain blank.
- In the Server field, enter outlook.office365.com.
- Click Next.
- To complete auto configuration, Click Ok.
- Select the Account options you want to use. Selecting a longer sync period will show you more calendar information and email, but will require more memory.
- Click Next.
- Click Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to view the display name for your email account. You can change the display name here.
- Click Next and you will be able to view your inbox.
- Go to your Settings app.
- Tap Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Exchange.
- Enter your Email address and a short Description (e.g. your company’s name) for your email.
- Tap Next.
- You may be asked if you want to Sign in to your Exchange account using Microsoft?. Tap Sign In.
- You will see an Office 365 sign in screen, pre-filled with your email address. Enter your Password and tap Sign In.
- If Microsoft cannot find your account, you will be asked to enter your details manually. Enter the following information, if prompted:
Field What to enter Password Your email account password Server outlook.office365.com Domain Leave this field blank Username Enter your full email address (for example, [email protected])
- Tap Next.
- After you have successfully logged into your account, you will see a Microsoft screen asking you to grant account permissions to your phone’s mail app. Click Accept.
- Make sure you’ve selected to connect all the features you want and tap Save.
- On the Start screen, swipe left, and then tap Settings.
- Tap email + accounts.
- Tap add an account, and then tap Outlook.
Note: Some phones may have Exchange or Office 365 options instead of Outlook.
- Enter your email address and password, and then tap Sign in.
Note: Windows Phone tries to set up your email account automatically. If it’s successful, skip to step 8.
- If you see the message, We couldn’t find your settings, tap Advanced, and then enter the following information:
Field What to do… E-mail address Enter the full email address for your account. Password Enter the password for your account. User name Enter the full email address for your account, again. Domain Enter only what follows the @ symbol, in your email address. For example, coolexample.com Server Enter outlook.office365.com
- Select Server requires encrypted (SSL).
- Tap Sign in.
- Tap OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.
Resale Tax Certificate
In Texas, the sale of a taxable item that is intended for resale is exempt from sales tax. For example, if you operate a shop, you can purchase inventory for the shop tax-free from a wholesaler. This is because you intend to sell the goods to customers and collect the tax on the sales.
In order to purchase resell goods tax-free, you need to provide the seller with a resale certificate. By law, the seller is required to charge you sales tax on the goods if you do not provide a certificate.
In essence, the resale certificate is a guarantee to the seller that you intend on reselling the items meaning the tax will not be collected at the time of purchase.
Non-Profit Tax Exemption Certificate
In Texas, any educational organization can apply for tax-exempt status. If granted,the organization will not have to pay sales tax on products purchased for educational purposes.